Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: After July 4th fireworks in Dallas, we were in stalled main thoroughfare traffic for ~10 minutes "Park" button pushed in "Ready" mode, ICE periodically starting to keep batteries charged. When traffic movement recommenced, Ernestine (our Prius) refused to budge, just "beeping." It was necessary to go to complete OFF and re-start twice before she would move. Needless to say the LOUD HORNS behind us were deafening.

Anyone else had a similar experience? :) No lasting problems, though.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
... No lasting problems, though.
The wounded pride might take some time to heal...

·
Registered
669 Posts
hyperion said:
Probably in those conditions a good idea to leave the computer in drive and hold the foot brake on. I've had this traffic situation happen to me several times and have never thought about shifting into "P".
I have to admit that I also probably wouldn't go into Park, but assuming the driver put it back into "D" that shouldn't be a problem... could this be a case of the famous TSB that has lead to all the hoopla in the paper?

Sanny said:
The wounded pride might take some time to heal...
I recommend applying a good ego salve regularly for a week. Take fresh mint leave and crush, soak in good bourbon, add ice and apply to the espohagus every evening.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) Another forum provided the answers:

The "beep" indicated an illegal shift (From P to D WITHOUT pressing the brake pedal).

The solution: Press the brake pedal when shifting into D from Park in "ready" mode..

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:) Another forum provided the answers...
You have ANOTHER forum? You mean, we're not enough for you and the Cat? And here I thought we HAD something together - that we MEANT something to you. :cry: How could you? I'll bet you took the bear's canary over there at that forum, too. :cry: Oh, the shame!

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts