Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for input on whether or not the fabric protection offered by car dealers is a good idea. When I got my '05 I bought it because it came with a 5 year warrantee. It seems to work, but I wonder if a can of Scotchguard would do the same thing. Now that I'm getting an '06, I'm not sure if I should pay the extra money. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Common wisdom is go with the can of scotchguard. So far I've had no problem with stains on my fabric, but I haven't had the car terribly long.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Scotchgard

I would go with the Scotchgard as well. I have to toss mom's wheel chair in the back and I have a dog and there are already darker areas on the surface, plus you can get all areas better.
I also was not that pleased with the external protection package. I swear it makes the car spot up more when washing it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm glad you asked this question. I've owned 4 leather cars now in a row and quite honeslty I was afraid to get package #7 and not pkg #8 on my 06' Prius. I want the #8 but since its not offered in my area my dealer won't go to PA to try and swap.

I read some reviews on the scotchguard stuff and quite honestly they were good. Here's one from epinions:

http://www.epinions.com/content_133093166724

I think now I'll just get a can of this and save the $1140 and get the fabric! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts