Toyota Prius Forum banner

Extended Warranty

12K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Ultimate 
Well, I always buy the extended warranty, and for the past 15 years I have always saved money by doing so. I buy the one for the longest time/distance coverage that is offered. In the case of our Prius, that is 7 years, 100,000 miles. I paid $996 for this warranty.

The last one I bought before this one was for a Lexus SC300. It also cost around $1,000 and covered the car for 8 years, 100,000 miles. With this one, however, I saved well over $13,000 in repair costs, as the Lexus was the worst car that I ever had. It was with a great deal of doubt and trepidation that I bought another Toyota product.

I have already been ridiculed on this web site by hyperion for having bought the extended warranty. Nonetheless, I think it is a good idea, and they have always saved me money.

StarryAira said:
I was just wondering if anyone here knew if it was worth the money...
I was wondering if you knew that you can decide later? In fact, you can wait until the 36/36,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty almost expires before you decide. The other cars for which I have bought extended warranties require you to decide immediately (or at least the dealer's guy says that you must). I think it's pretty nice of Toyota not to try to force it down your throat "right now" or else lose your chance forever.

The price you were quoted seems to be a pretty good one, but someone on this site offers the same warranty for $996, I'm almost certain.

Do let us know what you decide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.