Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Yesterday I showed my 2004 Tideland Pearl Pack#7 (8,900 mi's) in the 22nd Annual Fathers Day Car Show, here in the Shenango Valley.
There was over 700 people who came to this event.
Most people ask the price and was surprised how reasonable.
They said" I thought it would be $36,000" They also asked about MPG and were shocked at my real world 51 MPG for the several trips I drove.
The most interesting comment was a lady in her 40's who ask me to close the trunk and smiled as she said " the car has an ADDITUDE".
I never thought of it like that, but she was right it makes a statement
' I am the best car built, see all my awards'.
I got a special vote for my Prius it was the only car out of 300+ to have (2) engines! I enjoyed the 6 hr's there.
My Prius was the only Hybrid in the show.
I Thought someone would like to know what may happen if they are invited to show their Prius at a Car show. I will be doing it in July at another Car Show in my home town.
There will be a 1st Farrell Home Coming. I think I will enjoy that too.
I would like comments if you were or will show Your Prius in a car show.
Thank You.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction to Car Show Message

The correct number reported to me by a judge today,
700 cars were on show and 50,000 people came to see them.
Tony Liscio

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I didn't display my 2004 Prius in a car show this weekend, but I did drive from Orlando to Pensacola to help some friends set up for a concert.

Their gig got rained out. :cry:

But I drove some of the band members around town, and they were very impressed with the handling and comfort!

And...yes, I passed a car on the 2-lane, with a car oncoming. My buds were holding their breath, but the Silver Lady made the pass with many carlengths to spare!

So, I didn't get to show her to 50,000 people. But at least a dozen of my friends, their parents, and other relatives got to see it, and showed lots of interest!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
PS: Hmmm, are you sure that 50,000 people were there? It just dawned on me, that's a HUGE number. Most big league sports games don't have that many people show up....and wouldn't have the capacity if they had!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Tony Liscio said:
The most interesting comment was a lady in her 40's who ask me to close the trunk and smiled as she said " the car has an ADDITUDE".
I never thought of it like that, but she was right it makes a statement
' I am the best car built, see all my awards'.
At a recent Prius gathering, one of the 2004 owners had a "Motor Trend Car of the Year" award logo on the vertical back window. It was really sharp looking and all the other 2004 owners were jealous. He said it came with the car (dealer installed it).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2004 MOTOR TREND LOGO

I tried to get one for my Prius from the saleman & service manager at the dealer I bought my Prius,BUT I was told not available, they are applied at the factory only.
I asked a prep guy at another dealership,what he does with the sticker on the Prius ? he said, throw them out B4 delivery. I asked for it and he peeled it off and gave it to me. I displayed it on the front bumper for the car show since I had my hatch door opened.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Additional Ifno on Motor Trend Stickers

I contacted Toyota at 800-331-4331 last Monday and asked for the Motor Trend Car of the Year 2004 stickers so I could put it on my car for hte Car Show. Yes! I have a used one but I wanted a new one. A few hrs. ago I received a call from Henry at the number above saying He will be sending me some. When I get one or more I will let everyone know. If anyone is intereted in them call Henry at above number. He maybe able to send out a few if someone calls with a good reason as I did. I am not sure but it's worth a try. Let me know. :) :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts