Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I finally received my EV kit from Coastal and I was all excited :)

But as I got halfway through the installation I realized that the pictures and docs show a device that has 3 wires, and the device I have has 4!! So it was not clear which wire (the orange or black) that was to be pinned into spot 27. Any clues? I've contacted Coastal on this but have yet to get a response.

-JC

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmmmm

Interesting! I've been thinking about ordering one of those along with the mudflaps.I think they have been closed for renovations till today.In the meantime let us know how you make out.
Good luck!
Ed

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Mine had three. Two use the crimp taps, one uses the pin insert. Best to await Dave's answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So did Coastal ever get back with an answer? I am looking to order the EV and mudflaps too, as well as getting the 3M invisible shield.

Arrive alive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, he did! And as it turns out, I was sent something else that looked very close to the EV kit but was different. So, I was sent a replacement that matched the instructions and it did work. I subsequently returned the original one that I received.

It seems that the EV mode itself isn't as practical as I had hoped, but it's still kinda cool to invoke from time to time.

-Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts