Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Prius here in Sweden about 3 months ago. Still, there is absolutley no information at all to find about the updated 2006 Prius to find at any european Toyota sites. My local dealer knows nothing, and he was very confused when I showed him the pictures that has been around her for months.

So, I guess the american market will get the whole production of priuses for a couple of months before any is shipped to Europe.

I guess it´s "prius-on-a-stick" for another month or two for me...[/b]

·
Registered
12 Posts
sprett said:
I ordered a Prius here in Sweden about 3 months ago. Still, there is absolutley no information at all to find about the updated 2006 Prius to find at any european Toyota sites. My local dealer knows nothing, and he was very confused when I showed him the pictures that has been around her for months.

I picked up our 2006 pkg 7 here in the US before Xmas. I asked the dealer for a 2006 brochure and they didn't have any yet. Because I have been following the Prius forums I knew more about the car than anyone in the dealership. I am not surprised by this as they were more concerned to sell off their 2005's and just take orders for 2006's. The tax credit in the US also means the salespeople were taking the time to sell 2006's but not see any commission until now.

I don't know how Toyota allocation works as far as Europe, regardless, you will still be the first kid on the block when it does arrive.

Ed

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
ECHOSYS said:
sprett said:

I picked up our 2006 pkg 7 here in the US before Xmas. I asked the dealer for a 2006 brochure and they didn't have any yet. Because I have been following the Prius forums I knew more about the car than anyone in the dealership. I am not surprised by this as they were more concerned to sell off their 2005's and just take orders for 2006's. The tax credit in the US also means the salespeople were taking the time to sell 2006's but not see any commission until now.

Here in CA north, Toyota S.F. Region district I had no 05's since November. I was "Sold-Out" of the 05 Prii ! So all my clients awaiting the 05's were moved up to the 06's instead. Also they all recieved the _Bonanza_ of getting the 06 Tax Credit for their long wait l vs the 05's Tax Deduction. Now all these couple of dozens or so 06 Prii arrived to me in "December" for my clients but then I had them stored for 06 "January" delivery to patiently awaiting Customers ! So you are right in _Not_receiving any due revenews to us till January. ! I had to fight "Hard" with the Upper Managemnt in persuading them to "Hold" these 06 Prii for my customers ! You know that any Dealer is in "Business" of retailing these precious 06 Prii and cash them in... Tomorrow, January 2nd, I will be very busy deliverying all these 06 Prii and meet all these _Nice People_ the soon to become PriusCentis ! One of Us......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts