Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the new Prius has also won the European award:
http://www.iii.co.uk/uknews/?articleid=5117289&action=article

This is only the third time a Japanese car has won. Last time was in '99 with the Yaris, which 1.0l engine also won the Engine of the Year award.
The only negative I have heard about the Prius II so far is the price and the fact that the quality of the interior is below average for the European Toyotas.

(If I only had the $74k* to go buy one. Right now it is still a dream car :D )

Edit: Updated value, 100USD ~ 580Dkr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lasse:

Have a little trip to my country (Spain). I get mine for 23.700 Euros (30.800 $), full equiped including rear park sensors (without Nav).

Genis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but I would still have to pay extra to get it across the boarder. This 180% taxpunishment on sale price here in Denmark is quite a barrier. Only the Volkswagen Lupo 3L and Audi A2 3L have a discount of 2/3 of the tax. Fortunately a lot of people are aware of this new generation of eco friendly cars and there are a lot of people trying to make the government take action. Let's see if it'll be a theme in the upcoming election.

Some aditional info:

- Of the 58 journalists, 37 of them choose the Prius above all other cars (Citroën C4, Ford Focus, Opel Astra, Renault Modus, Peugeot 407 and BMW 1), where 11 of them gave Prius II the maximum of 10 points.

- Prius I got third place in the competition when it was nominated.

- Prius II sold only 1 car in Denmark each month until September where the sales increased to 5 units. Toyota Danmark has always known it would be a "flop", but it is actually possible to get a test ride in a Prius at most dealers. Prius II is the only hybrid imported. The taxes can be thanked for that :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts