Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Coastal Electronics. "I Agree Bypass" kit for my Nav system.

After hitting the bullseye to allow use of NAV system not at a stop, my son accidentally hit another button on the screen related to MAP DISK.

Since then, I've been only able to see an error screen that says, "This is not the correct Map Disk, and to replace the disk. It also has the error msg in Japanese.

I've ejected the NAV disc and replaced it several times, but have been unable to get the NAV system to reset.

Any idea on how to reset the NAV system?

This info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
It has nothing to do with the Coastal mod. It is from pressing the wrong buttons.

Search the site and you will find a method of cutting all power and resetting the Nav system. It means taking things apart. See if this describes your problem.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You have to pull the NAV ECU that's under your seat, open its cover and disconnect the power board from the main board for about a minute.

There's a button in there too, that might also reset the system.

Interesting thing though, you have to be in the diagnostic screen to change the NAV market location. Perhaps the I Agree mod goes through the NAV diagnostic to hit the speed override soft button, but your son intercepted one of the other soft buttons on the diagnostic screen? That will indeed mess things up requiring a reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.