Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a check engine warning lindicator go on that Toyota service had little clue as to what triggered it. They guessed that I may have run the car low on gas or had the engine on during a fillup. The car had 3/4 tank when the lite triggered and was filled up a few days before this event.

This is the second time such an event occurred with no plausible explanation from Toyota. Both times this had occurred I moved the car from my driveway into my garage (15 sec run time) followed by an overnight sit. The Wankel on my old RX-7 did not like such a event so I am more sensitive than most. Does any one have ideas or similar experience?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine Warning Light 02 Prius (continued)

The Codes identified during the tech scan were P3101 & P3191 engine no start codes.
The toyota work order reads that "customer could have encountered a possible out of gas scenario. No other indications present."

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ask your service center to follow the diagnostics on TSB EG011-03. You might have an old ECU that didn't wait long enough for the engine to start or you may have a weak fuel pump. The TSB will help the technician sort it out or eliminate these causes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
I will follow it up with the dealership.
What does not make sense is the engine was running continuously (cold start after being overnight in my garage for 25 sec seconds 20 seconds stationary and 5 sec in reverse) when the indicator light showed. So from my perspective the no start indicator may be some sort of transient condition because the engine should have been continuosly running in a warm up cycle. The BIT sequence should not have a significant time lag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts