Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine two weeks ago today, and has been very please with the car. My 1st fill up showed 51 mpg (imperial gallon) and the second time gave me 60 mpg.

Today, at about 1400 km, the engine light comes up, I check the fuel cap and it is OK (not loose). I tried few shut down and power up, it doesn't want to go away. Could this be the oxygen sensor fault as many have experience berfore?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same thing happened to my car. It's emissions related and the lignt should extinguish in a few days. If the check engine light blinks, stop and call the dealer.

It is my understanding that the O2 sensor gets fouled by the burning of the manifold coating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was your Odometer reading when this occur? I read some other thread that the oxygen sensor usually came up at much sooner, not at 1400 km (more than 800 miles).

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think mine came on at around 100 miles. I suppose maybe it's possible at 1400 km, but I'd take it in to your dealer to be sure. He can read the codes. If it's the O2 sensor, well and good. If it's something else, you should find out about it sooner rather than later. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my car into the dealer, and indeed it was the O2 sensor. They have also indicated that it should be changed. They placed an order for the O2 sensor.

I received a call last night, the dealer has arranged to replace the O2 sensor next Tuesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts