Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I probably should know this by now, but what is the difference btwn the blue lines & green lines in the battery box on the Energy Monitor Screen. ? thanks.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
I know I probably should know this by now, but what is the difference btwn the blue lines & green lines in the battery box on the Energy Monitor Screen. ? thanks.
The addition of yellow to the color mix. Blue and yellow make green. ;)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hehe

Nothing. It's just for a quick reference. That way, you don't have to count the no. of bars but know if it's green, it's 7 or 8 bars and if it's pink, it's 1 or 2 bars

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that was thoughtful of them... and I like Sanny's artistic approach to remembering.

thanks, guys :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yer a thoughtful bear, you are. :*

·
Registered
669 Posts
I always feel like I just won a prize when it goes all green. Oh look, oh look, it's all happy! Then when my SO borrows the car and returns it with a green battery, I figure he's been accelerating and braking too much. Hmmm....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Well, the bars are like the tops of ziplock bags. And I KNOW that on a ziplock bag yellow and blue make green. They said so on the Ad.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Ziplock bag tops don't emit light. With light red and green make yellow. Ever hear of tricolor LEDs? It is a green LED and a red LED. The third color is using both LEDs, which is yellow, or maybe an orange/amber because of too much red. That's how the power button LED works.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny's dabbling in the paintbox again!

Pigments are subtractive, so they mix differntly from mixing light....at least that's what I vaguely recollect.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Astrowoman said:
Sanny's dabbling in the paintbox again!

Pigments are subtractive, so they mix differntly from mixing light....at least that's what I vaguely recollect.
Subtractive... hmm.. That means we look slimmer in paintings and heavier in photos (cause those use light and light isn't subtractive...). :?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
Subtractive... hmm.. That means we look slimmer in paintings and heavier in photos (cause those use light and light isn't subtractive...). :?
I think you're on to something. Good dog!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DanMan32 said:
Ziplock bag tops don't emit light. With light red and green make yellow. Ever hear of tricolor LEDs? It is a green LED and a red LED. The third color is using both LEDs, which is yellow, or maybe an orange/amber because of too much red. That's how the power button LED works.
If I am in a room with a blue shirt on, and the room goes pitch black, is the shirt still blue :?: Since light travels at 186K miles/sec, I cant flick the darn light switch fast enough to find out. :cry:

Astrowoman, what is that in your avatar ??

·
Registered
669 Posts
An04Prius said:
If I am in a room with a blue shirt on, and the room goes pitch black, is the shirt still blue :?:
Depends on how badly the power outage scared you!
It's a manatee. Also known as a dugong or sea cow. Endangered. The one thing I actually liked about Florida! And they make both the Prius and I look svelte in comparison.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Astrowoman said:
An04Prius said:
If I am in a room with a blue shirt on, and the room goes pitch black, is the shirt still blue :?:
It's a manatee. Also known as a dugong or sea cow. Endangered. The one thing I actually liked about Florida! And they make both the Prius and I look svelte in comparison.
You would think one ocean loving mammal would recognize another. I guess I will have to give An04 some latitude on that. :wink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
[quote="Hep"
You would think one ocean loving mammal would recognize another. I guess I will have to give An04 some latitude on that. :wink:[/quote]

Prob'ly not tasty enough...

·
Registered
928 Posts
An04Prius said:
. . .
If I am in a room with a blue shirt on, and the room goes pitch black, is the shirt still blue :?: Since light travels at 186K miles/sec, I cant flick the darn light switch fast enough to find out. :cry:
. . .
I think it's more of an infrared, at least for a while :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hep said:
Astrowoman said:
An04Prius said:
You would think one ocean loving mammal would recognize another. I guess I will have to give An04 some latitude on that. :wink:
You see a manatee...I see lunch. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts