Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Package #9. I rent when on the road, sometimes for as long as a week, a Package #1 from Enterprise.

There are some VERY dramatic differences between the two.

The #1 will stay in EV mode 2 and 3 times as long as the #9. It is quicker to charge to green bars, and also will idle (parked) without ICE for 2 to 3 times longer.

I assume that this is due to the fact that the #1 does not have the increased electrical demands of the #9. Or weight, or something.

I realize I am lucky to get to be able to compare the two, but maybe there is someone else that can attest to this? Or explain it?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the rental as we speak. It has 8800 something miles on it. My new one has 1200 something miles on it. Weather and temps have been the same both places all week. High 90's temps, mid 60's humidity. I drive them both the same, similar topography.

I will assume some of the differences are break-in being complete on the rental. The electrical loads on the #9 are higher, but it is striking how easily the rental stays in EV.

Maybe mine will get better as it ages.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.