Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Toyota offers a roadside assistance 800 number for emergencies? I can't find one in the materials I have and I forgot to ask the dealership if there is one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
It's on the window sticker on my car in the parking lot. Yes there is one, but I don't have it in front of me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You should have a Roadside Assistance Card.
The number is 1-877-304-6495

The ExtraMile card phone number is 1-866-789-6453
That is $25 if you are not the original owner.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
janets98 said:
Does anyone know if Toyota offers a roadside assistance 800 number for emergencies? I can't find one in the materials I have and I forgot to ask the dealership if there is one. Thanks.
1-877-304-6495

You will need your VIN when you call. There should be a wallet sized card with your owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Sorry, I don't have the number, as Toyota changed companies a few years back and I don't know which of the numbers I have is the correct one anymore... (When you call, it's a travel club, they may not say that they're Toyota.)

You should've received a tri-fold pamphlet on the Toyota Roadside Assistance (which comes with a wallet card) from your dealer (along with your owner's manual(s) and maintenance book and warranty book and lemon law info and other stuff). All Prius in the US come with Toyota Roadside Assistance (which includes a tire/wheel road hazard coverage) for 3 years/36,000 miles.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/prius/faq.html
near the end of the answer for "17. What is the warranty for Prius?" is:
Prius customers are covered by roadside assistance and road hazard insurance for 36 months/36,000 miles from the vehicle.s in-service date. Examples of this service include flat tire, vehicle lockout and jumpstart. See your Toyota dealer for details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anybody tried using Toyota's roadside assistance? Having both Toyota and AAA I was wondering which would offer the best service in case of an breakdown.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't receive a card - tri-fold or anything like that. I'll call my dealership Monday. Thanks so much for the number. :D

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I have both and have used both. Since Toyota RoadSide Assistance came 'free', I am using it until it expires, so it won't count against me on my AAA account.
I called roadside assistance for a damaged tire, and for running out of gas.

I did call AAA last week, because my girlfriend and I couldn't find her condo key, so we asked AAA for the number of a locksmith that could help. The key turned up so we canceled the locksmith.
Also used AAA to get Universal Studios annual pass, and to the least expensive motel within reasonable distance to Universal Studios.
Was also able to get a great refinance rate on the car through AAA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts