Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the electrochromic mirror but I wouldn't mind if it darkened a bit more in response to headlights in the mirror at night. Thus, I was interested in this page from John's site where he says "Modified the Electrochromic-Mirror so it would get darker at night" as the caption to a picture that appears to show the back of the mirror with a piece of blue paper (?) taped onto it. Can John or someone else fill us in on what he has done and how well it works?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, John. I think I'll have to give that a try. Where'd you get the transparent blue sheet plastic?

·
Registered
515 Posts
It probably doesn't matter what color. The blue is just what I stumbled upon in the office supply section at Target. It's actually part of a "reusable envelope".

From the outside of the car, it's almost completely invisible anyway. The glare from the windshield conceals the mod pretty well.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My rear window is tinted. I hardly ever get hit by lights that are too bright, even if I'm being tailgated by a "bright-light-bob".

So if you were wondering.....if you are planning to tint your windows, you may or may not need the mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts