Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I took delivery of a Prius 04 just over a week ago, it is the best car I have ever driven and I have been driving for 54 years.
Can anyone tell me about any problems de-icing the windows after the car has been left out all night in sub-zero conditions??
Love the website, it's comforting to know that so many of you have had such good experience with the Prius.
I'm one of the very few Brits who have discovered the Prius, amazing considering the price of motoring in the UK.
Pity that other Brits didn't put location as UK as this would make it a lot easier to find them in the members list.
:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Loumaule said:
Hi all, I took delivery of a Prius 04 just over a week ago, it is the best car I have ever driven and I have been driving for 54 years.
Can anyone tell me about any problems de-icing the windows after the car has been left out all night in sub-zero conditions??
Love the website, it's comforting to know that so many of you have had such good experience with the Prius.
I'm one of the very few Brits who have discovered the Prius, amazing considering the price of motoring in the UK.
Pity that other Brits didn't put location as UK as this would make it a lot easier to find them in the members list.
:D
Lou,
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the board. There are others here who may be able to share more pertinent experience, but I drove my '04 into the mountains each weekend throughout the winter and found the car's defrosting capabilities equal to the job of clearing my windshield after about eight hours of skiing. IMO, the car handles well on winter roads and the heater works well, too! The only negative I can connect with cold weather driving is a decrease of about 5 MPG.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Experience in Alaska

We took delivery last December and I drove our Salsa Red to work and left it outside in sub zero weather on several occasions with no problem with powering up or clearing the moisture from the interior.

I did rely on both the defroster and air conditioner to remove all the extra moisture to reduce interior icing.

Fortunately, our Salsa has a garage space for most nights. She did spend almost 2 weeks in early December outside until our replaced Camry could be delivered to the charity.

I love the car, its performance, and its indication of a better direction in car production.

Raymond

1 - 4 of 4 Posts