Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to DanMan32,

What is the meaning of Two Stage= ECVT in the upcoming Lexus600h
They claim 8 speed trans for the ICE model but said 2 stage CVT for the Hybrid version. ?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DanMan32 said:
Good question. I was wondering that myself. I was going to check out Lexus' website, but I am not a fan of how that is set up.

I'm suprised you're asking me though.
If I knew the answer, I would be "Braggin', I do not know, how the 2 stage works therefore comin' to you, the Techno-Master ! You are the Men !

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is a pretty good example of how the new ECVT works.

The new transmission system now incorporates two-stage motor speed reduction gearing. A hydraulic control unit incorporated within the continuously variable automatic transmission automatically switches the gearing between low and high motor reduction ratio settings.

The twin-stage gearing generates maximum low-gear torque for significantly enhanced acceleration, as well as extended high-gear performance for quiet, high speed cruising with improved fuel efficiency.

Via a center console-mounted switch, the new transmission offers a choice of three power settings:

Normal, for the optimum balance of power and traction;

Power, for maximum acceleration; and

Snow, for excellent traction control under the most slippery road conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose, are you able to get into TIS? Or is there a Lexus New Car Features book available to read at your dealership? (I'd suppose that Lexus has a NCF like Toyota does, and that usually has a lot of good information about how the systems and new features in the car works...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.