Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-3 weeks of wading through all the P* boards.........$0

-A gazillion calls to crafty professional Dealers spinning my head with their song and dance........$0

-Two 15 minute test drives..........$0

-Driving away in my New shiny...... Under MSRP Prius #6........Priceless!

Here's to all the So. Calif dealerships that told me lies and didn't want my money.......

Here's our new P* next to our Honda and my Chevy!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Congratulations on getting your Prius! It looks just like mine! Except mine has flowers on the front quarter panels. :)

Have big fun!

:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm guessing that you ended up at Corona. I talked with them at one point and they seemed pretty good.

I'm sorry to hear that you got lied to by a car salesman. But really, that's what they do.

DGStan

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
dgstan said:
I'm sorry to hear that you got lied to by a car salesman. But really, that's what they do.
DGStan
Car salesmen lie ? Next thing someone will tell me the Pope is Catholic, and bears...well, let's forget that one. :oops:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
Car salesmen lie ? Next thing someone will tell me the Pope is Catholic, and bears...well, let's forget that one. :oops:

But 04, not all bears have the benefit of woods! That might lead one to wonder about the 'relief' afforded non-expert polar bears in their native North. ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes.......Corona Fleet sales............ did all the negotiating over the phone. I didn't have to deal with any of the usual back and forth from Salesperson to Sales Manager.

Twice today I stepped out of the car and my son runs back to the car and turns it off for me.....duh! :oops:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll note that I got a much different reaction from some dealers when I mentioned that I had requested an internet quote. Their starting price for Internet buyers seemed to be MSRP -- it was implied that it would be above MSRP for "off the street" buyers by at least one person I spoke with on the phone.

I had a fairly good experience buying mine. The salesman demoed the car but the manager handled all the negotiation directly so there was no back and forth. There wasn't much dealing on price per se, but there was dealing on trade-in. I'm happy. Maybe the Pasadena/Glendale area is a bit friendlier?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
dgstan said:
I'm guessing that you ended up at Corona. I talked with them at one point and they seemed pretty good.

DGStan
Hi DGStan, Watch it ! Not all Toyota dealer personnel engaged in sales
_Lies_ Only those miss-informed or instructed by their "Desk" Mgr
( Sales Managers ) in certain case or they are completely ignorant
or under-educated in their products representation. Thus gets embarrased
when Prius customers knows so much about the Prius than them.
What a pitty though, Toyota spend so much time offering to educate their
Toyota Dealer's sales person and We all go to The University of Toyota for
our product knowleadge honing !.

Toyota Hybrids for this planet called, the Green Earth !

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Watch it ! Not all Toyota dealer personnel engaged in sales
_Lies
I think we all realize this.....however.......bottom line is......this is a very hot commodity and I was really put out by being told ....."yeh we can knock off $xxx from the MSRP".......only to have the story change when I show up ready to sign.

I was also given a fish story from Long Beach about the typical MSRP of 26,742 on a #6 being raised by Toyota a long time ago! Huh?

We all have to make a living and support our families......Sales people too! I just get a real bad taste left in my mouth from this type of flakey-ness!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts