Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the 2006 Prius Nav system has a "zoom" feature while navigation route system is active? If not, I wish it did. All the portable nav systems I've seen do have this option.

·
Registered
986 Posts
On the bottom left there should be an ON or OFF button, I forget which is which, usually it pulls up a + and - on the screen that you can use to zoom. I can usually just hit the navi-speak button on the wheel and say ZOOM IN or ZOOM OUT and it will adjust it that way. Is that what you're trying to do??

There's also another button on the screen that allows you to decide if you want split screen (with on the right maybe a zoomed in and the left keeping at overview, or on the right showing the next upcoming streets, etc).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto zoom

Actually I was looking for an "AUTO" zoom feature that varies the scale of the map as you drive. For some reason, I don't think the Prius has this feature.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
How would it know what zoom to choose? If you are referring to zooming in when you approach turns or your destination, there is an auto setting for that that will do a split screen automatically, with a zoomed in view of your approaching turn.

·
Read Only
42 Posts
DanMan32 said:
How would it know what zoom to choose? If you are referring to zooming in when you approach turns or your destination, there is an auto setting for that that will do a split screen automatically, with a zoomed in view of your approaching turn.
The Auto zoom on the Garmin GPS, for example, shows the whole route on the screen at once. As you get closer and closer to your destination, it start showing more detail since from where the car is to your destination covers less map area. It is kind of handy for some situations, but is rather useless for large distances.

I don’t know about the 2006 version, since I have a 2004, but I would much prefer an option to set the level of details shown for various zoom levels. I think they take away too much detail when zooming out so that sometimes you can’t even tell where you are (big picture). You see the car sitting on a blank screen, when you know perfectly well that you are near at least several towns.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wouldn't mind a toggle between the 700ft view and whatever view would cover the 10 miles around me.

700ft seems best for general use since you see stuff scroll-in about 1/2 mile away, but occasionally I need to find my own detour and being able to peek over the hills a bit with little effort would be nice.

Maybe Coastal can create a macro processor that changes the views when we hold the Map button for a few seconds...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.