Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten so many different answers, can somebody please help.

We have a 2002 Prius and the GPS DVD says, "2001 Ver 1"

Is it possible to upgrade to a more recent version? This version is a bit upsettign as it's supposed to have all of Canada but doesn't have Quebec City where we have family.

Any thoughts? Can we get just a new DVD? Where's the cheapest place to do taht?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Toyota must buy the maps from one of the two or three major map companies (Navtek is one.) You should be able to get updated maps through Toyota. If they aren't making updated maps available they are really robbing you for the GPS. All of the aftermarket GPS companies I know of provide updated maps (at a cost) every year or so. The map updates for my unit cost $75. Coverage of Canada by most of the mapping companies is less complete than the US or Europe. Mexico is very sketchy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toyota is saying, "Sorry, tough luck" We're not even sure if the new maps cover it.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There have been at least three updates since the disk you have, and another is either coming out shortly or already out.

Version 04.1 for the '01-03 Prius has Quebec City coverage (per the manual, I haven't been there to verify it) and should be available from your dealer, ask for order code 00125-DVD04-CY. If you can't get it through the dealer, this Lexus disk available online is the same disk - I have it in my '02. Don't get version 04.2, this is for the updated nav system in the '04 and '05 models.

DVD version 05.1 will supposedly be out soon, if it isn't already, so you may wish to see if 00125-DVD05-CY is available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought the DVD - won't work

i bought the dvd that says dava ver 4.1
86271-33043

The car says to check if it's the right dvd. can't read data disk

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Re: GPS

celcafe said:
Can I get this upgrade disk online cheaper than the dealer?
You might try eBay. Sometimes they're out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
86271-33043 is for the system in the '04-05 Prius. Version 04.1 for the '01-03 is 86271-33033.

86271-3303x = 3rd generation nav system = '01-03
86271-3304x = 4th generation nav system = '04-05

·
Registered
1 Posts
jbreynolds said:
DVD version 05.1 will supposedly be out soon, if it isn't already, so you may wish to see if 00125-DVD05-CY is available.
I believe 05.1 is what I got for my 2006 Prius. At first I thought I got an old version, thinking it stands for Jan 2005. Thanks for your info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts