Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how to access the DSP Control page pictured on page 162 of the 2004 prius manual? I've seen the post that says it's a typo and I know it's not supposed to be on the US versions, but it may be on the Canadian version and may still exist even on the US ones but they just don't tell you how to activate it.
Does anyone have any info about it? How about any other functions that are there but hidden? The prius version of gaming or dvd " Easter Eggs".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RE ASP and DSP control

one more thing, if the DSP control isn't there, does anyone know how or if it can be added?

thx.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I can't help Enrol, but my SO and I had a hilarious bit of time looking for Easter Eggs in the voice control. "I'm hungry" is the only one we found, and we knew about that one already. So... are there Easter Eggs?????

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
DSP, isn't that where radio stations transmit messages and station identity? Prius has it, but the stations have to send it. Some here do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
DanMan32 said:
DSP, isn't that where radio stations transmit messages and station identity? Prius has it, but the stations have to send it. Some here do.
You're thinking of RDS (Radio Data System). I think DSP is digital sound processing, which tailors the sound to the specifics of the car's cabin and can refocus the sound stage to focus on the driver, passenger or both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just makes so much sense...

I've wondered for 20 years why car stereo's don't auto adjust to ambient noise. When I saw the ASL function in my 2004 owners manual I was sooooo pleased. I called the dealer and they said my car isn't supposed to have it. But I'm still wondering, as with some other things on the Prius, does the function still exist in the car and just need to be turned on somehow? (I think I read something about a trick to access some additional monitoring data somewhere too) Or how can I get this DSP contol and ASL functions added to my Prius? Is it just a matter of programing? Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Actually I think the amp has DSP, but JBL did a rotten job of it. There's an extensive thread on PriusChat where someone did a frequency spectrum analysis of the various outputs. The center speaker for example, has low frequencies cut from it digitally, thus making it a bad place to tap for subs, as I had originally suggested in the past. Rear fullrange speakers are not processed other than the EQ. Front tweeters have high pass digital filtering.

As a matter of fact, the MFD tells the amp how the EQ, fade, balance and volume should be by digital instruction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts