Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my T Spirit 2 weeks and love it , I do a lot of miles in and around London both motorway and rush our town traffic, I cannot recommend it highly enough so far. I ordered Black with the Alcantara interior which comes as dark grey and is fantastic.

Couple of questions though :

After about 900 miles I noticed that the average MPG which had steadily been rising suddenly dropped, seems to be as a result of low speed town work being much less efficient i.e. the petrol engine seems to be doing much more very low efficiency work (brief readings as low as 10mpg) without electric supplement. Seems worse when cold and definitely seems to be working OK most of the time. The change was pretty much instantaneous, anyone have any ideas before I attempt to explain to to a dealer ?. I've been through 3 tanks so far and it seems to be giving about 55mpg based on calculation rather than the screen info.

Also I really keen to try and get a DAB radio fitted, has anyone looked into this ?, only thing I can see online which looks suitable is this :

http://www.revo.co.uk/index.php

looks OK but a bit too new / yet to ship.

Any help appreciated . :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Timsk

Am interested in DAB as well.

There is a lot of talk in the US of their Satelite-based digital Radio system, but not much I can find on DAB.

I am waiting for Coastal Dave to come up with his promised mods for the Prius which should give us an Aux-In to the main radio.

I am looking to use a portable DAB, and connect it up via AUX.

There are a number of issues (aerial etc) but I shall let ypu know

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
RSnyder said:
Low speed short trips are a well known mileage killer.

What's a T Spirit?
The UK Prius is available in 3 option grades/packages, the T3, the T4, and the top-of-the-line T-Spirit. It is similar to the US BC package or the Australian i-Tech package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts