Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my new Prius last week. Although handbook stated on page 102 that it had DRL. Found by contacting Toyota that this is not true for cars delivered in California. Since I drive on a lot of two lane highways I find this a vital safety feature. Does anyone know how I could activate this feature. Love the car!!! :D
Dick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sonoma said:
Took delivery of my new Prius last week. Although handbook stated on page 102 that it had DRL. Found by contacting Toyota that this is not true for cars delivered in California. Since I drive on a lot of two lane highways I find this a vital safety feature. Does anyone know how I could activate this feature. Love the car!!! :D
Turn on the headlamps every time you drive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The problem with turning on the headlights every time you drive is that the dash and display go into night mode, which is hard to read in daylight.

I have been trying to get DRL to work as well. Not only is it safer in general, but in some states it's a legal issue in the rain. Here in Texas we frequently have rain and bright light at the same time, and I'd like to be able to do this.

The manual says you activate them by releasing the parking brake while the engine is running. This seems like the normal chain of events to me - get in the car, put on the seatbelt, start the engine, release the brake, etc. No DRL :( . I asked at my dealer - they played around for a while and couldn't get them to work either. I asked on another list and someone said the manual is wrong and there are no DRL :cry: .

Anybody have any experience with this?

- Linda

·
Registered
81 Posts
The manual is wrong. Prius delivered in the United States do not have the DRL feature. Those delivered in Canada do.
There is a rotary slide switch on the left side of the dash that will turn up the display lights so that you can see them well with headlights on during the day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAVID said:
The manual is wrong. Prius delivered in the United States do not have the DRL feature. Those delivered in Canada do.
There is a rotary slide switch on the left side of the dash that will turn up the display lights so that you can see them well with headlights on during the day.
The problem with using your headlights all the time is you shorten the life of the bulbs a lot more than when in DRL mode.

Dick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts