Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any tall people out there find that the seat won't go back far enough? I find that my legs are too much at a right angle when driving. I have found a company that can increase the travel back by four inches. Has anyone done this? Am I a freak?

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
A couple of people have made some mods, not sure how safe they are.
Do note, if the seat is moved back, you need to alter the seat position sensor so as to properly deploy the airbag. I suppose moving back isn't as bad as moving closer.

Someone I carpooled with may not have been comfortable in the passenger seat, since his knees seemed to hit the lower glove box door. I could hear the plastic creak when I braked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're no freak. Even at 5' 8" my legs start to feel cramped. but hey, its a cute little car that gets great mileage, c'mon! :p
I was thinking about moding it for comfort but I decided not to because of saftey reasons, as Dan mentioned.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My 6'+ fiancee does OK, but he likes the seat back quite reclined in general. I am 5'7" and I find I want to lean it back a bit more than I do in most cars. It isn't so much that I don't fit, but I feel "too high" relative the windsheild.

I love my car but if the revamped 2008 model has more seat adjustment options, my inclination to trade it in will increase!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Toyota UK today. They have been asked this before. They recommended a company that modiies cars for people with disabilities. The 4 inch backward increase can be done with Toyota approval, but you lose 4 inches of forward travel. Can't win them all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Prius has great rear seat leg room. They accomplish this with the ingenious technique of not allowing the front seat to go back very far. I'm 6'3" and could use another 2 inches of leg room (and some thigh support). But fixing the front seat to go back further doesn't look trivial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.