Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dealer who is willing to sell me a 2006 Package #6 Prius for MSRP and will get it to me in January in time for the tax credit. The same dealer told me today that he sold an '05 package #3 for $31,000 earlier in the day. Why do you think he's selling me the '06 for MSRP when he obviously can get more from his other customers? Just seems a little wierd to me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Uh, car salesman aren't exactly known for their honesty.

And if he says he'll get you one at MSRP - get it in writing.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The other customer paid more to get it sooner, that's all. If no one else wants to pay a premium to get it now the dealer might as well get a commitment from you to buy it later at MSRP; after all, this Prius fad may be over by January, right? :_>

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
The customer who paid 31,000 was had. Don't get taken for a ride trying to buy your ride. I certainly wouldn't worry about being able to get a Prius in January or any other time in the next year. Toyota is still making them in quantity.

If you feel more comfortable putting in an order now and waiting, go ahead, however January is 4 months away and the backlog of orders is not 4 months in most places. You'd be better off walking into a dealer in late December and working on finding your vehicle then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts