Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a fully loaded 2005 Prius w/option #6, does it give worst mileage than a lightly loaded 2005 Prius w/option #1? Intuitively, it seems so because all of the stuff of option #6 would drawn the battery more than option #1 but I don't know.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: Does the option 6 on 2005 gives worst mileage than optio

bigheadr said:
If you have a fully loaded 2005 Prius w/option #6, does it give worst mileage than a lightly loaded 2005 Prius w/option #1? Intuitively, it seems so because all of the stuff of option #6 would drawn the battery more than option #1 but I don't know.
Not a measurable difference.

·
Registered
181 Posts
what extra draw??

the electronics dont draw anything. the touch screen is by far the biggest energy hog after the stereo. if you are in the habit of blasting your neighbors out, you will see a drop of a few tenths maybe.

but your touch screen isnt any bigger, so it wont draw more power. if you are that concerned, turn down the brightness. It is on high be default when the headlights are off.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
DaveinOlyWA said:
what extra draw??

the electronics dont draw anything. the touch screen is by far the biggest energy hog after the stereo. if you are in the habit of blasting your neighbors out, you will see a drop of a few tenths maybe.

but your touch screen isnt any bigger, so it wont draw more power. if you are that concerned, turn down the brightness. It is on high be default when the headlights are off.
Actually the electronics do draw...no power is free. But, as I indicated the extra draw and extra weight is negligible in the big picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts