Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you buy a used PRIUS that has a HOV sticker, does it transfer to you? If DMV ran out of sticker at 75,000, can you buy a used car that has HOV sticker and drive it in carpool lane? I think after DMV ran out of sticker, they will go up in value if you can transfer it to another person.
:roll:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will happen after 2007?

The current law expire in 2007, then what is the status of using carpool lane? Can you keep using it if you have a sticker?

·
Registered
12 Posts
key wording here is "current law."

Since the number of stickers issued is limited and the impact on the HOV lane is fixed by that number, it is quite possible that the legislature may extend the current law. Start lobbying your stte reps now.

If you are a Northern California resident, also note that toll lanes may be coming to the Bay Area. It has been recommended to open a "HOT" (High Occupancy-Toll) lane to "reduce congestion". See http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cct ... 711257.htm for more information. It's just a money grab - the State gets money for doing NOTHING to ease pollution or traffic congestion. The next step will be add additional HOT lanes instead of standard lanes to further incent people to spend big $$ to commute.

What incentive does the State have to reward green vehicles if they plan to charge for use of the HOV lane? If you want to continue to use the HOV lane solo in your Prius, lobby your State reps NOW.

Ric

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kappntrippin said:
Once the current law expires, you are not able to drive in the carpool lane. The police will pull you over and hand you a ticket.
where did you read this info that the law will expires? I checked the DMV site and there was no word about experation of this law. Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
curious how many people got the stickers that aren't even using them....

Like me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts