Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to program for our Genie garage door opener, and not having any luck. Has anyone had success with one of these?

What openers is it known to work with?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I set mine the day I got home and love it over any other garage door opener I have tried. To get into my house, I need to go through a gate. In both of my parents cars, you need to get right up to the gates to get their "built-in" garage door openers to work. The one in my Prius works well over 200 feet away, so by the time I get to the gate, I sail right through it. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Homelink Instruction

Most garage door openers today have a 128 bit rolling code.
The Prius manual only gives half the instructions on how to program a rolling code homelink door opener. Attached is the complete instructions.
I set mine up as soon as I got the car home no problems...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Michelle, persistance won out. I had to hit it 4 times before it worked.

At first I imagined it wasn't very responsive, and that I had to hold the button "too long" to get the door to open... then I realized the std controller is the same way :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I programmed mine to open my gated-community's gates. Works great, even better than the original fob I received.

One button for the front gate, and one for the back gate.

I'm reserving the third button for either Photon Torpedoes, Passenger Eject, or "other-car-booming-radio" disablement. Hmmm, all good choices.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those using 1 button, which one are you using? I programmed the first one, but I'm finding it difficult to find in the dark. Since I only got one thing I'm going to program them all for the garage, but I'm wondering how others solved this impossible dilema.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had trouble with mine all my fault. First even if you know you have a rolling code do the first step I did not, figured it was not necessary. That first part was just for folks with out rolling code not for me. Wrong! It must set frequency or some such and everyone must do it. Second do change the battery on the remote you are using to program the car. I figured since I could open the door from the end of the 200 ft driveway I was good. Wrong. Could be a power issue while holding the button for the 30 seconds necessary to make the setting, the old battery will not cut it. Make sure you see the change from slow to fast blink on the cars indicator light. Now you are ready to do the rolling code part. In short follow the directions in the book all to the letter. (administers the self dope slap)

·
Registered
311 Posts
The instructions in the manual didn't instill confidence in my first attempt to program a rolling code "generic" garage door opener but it worked fine first time. I used the last homelink button on the right as it is easier to find in the dark, for me.

Later when I get the automatic gate installed and openers installed in the new garage (3 car) I'll be one chanel short of nirvana. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to get a gate that can be set on the same frequency and code as one of the garrage doors. As the gate is 5-600 ft from the garage it is unlikely that I'll activate both receivers at the same time.

:D :D Pat :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts