Registered
1,043 Posts
alanlpa said:
www.edrivesystems.com./
please let me know if you know more about this
thanks
Al
From a technology view, I know no more.

However, my opinion is any extensive unauthorized modification can put your Toyota warranty at risk. (I am not a lawyer or expert)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Sounds like another well known mod organization. Stay tuned, it's coming. Sometime. Hopefully before the next version of Prius.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Uhhhh, better be careful!

"Installations of the EDrive system are currently being done on a demonstration basis only, and at substantial cost. We plan to seek investment... "

Are anybody else's alarm bells going off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
very expensive

Last I looked at their website they wanted $100,000 to be an investor and have your car converted :shock: And I thought that the HiHy was expensive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand about the warranty , but I bought the Prius for two reasons,#1 was because its green #2 is milage (save fossil fuel)
so if this Co. (edrive) has a better idea and it works, we should all look more deeply into it. Not saying go right out and modify your Prius now but follow the results for future reference.
AC

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Or, buy next years hybrid from "whoever" The manufacturers now know that what the buyers are seeking is gas milage savings. Imagine what they can do if they cut back on some of the "green" like the fuel tank bladders which have come under constant criticism, and the constant desire to keep the catalytic converters hot, for emission control. After all, Honda does neither. The "ICE" would remain off until you exceed 35 mph and you would not need the "EV" mode button to bypass the emmision standards set by Toyota for the US.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Honda doesn't keep the engine off as much nor can it drive on pure electric when conditions warrant either.

Come on Hyperion, you know better than to suggest all electric too often. Energy has to come from somewhere.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have seen a bunch of companies that have web pages that are planning to make conversion kits of Prius to become plug-in but nothing yet for public. :( I would not mine paying up to $3k for a 60-mile range before it goes into normal operations. Anything more than that and I would probably pass on it, definitely not $100k.

With a plug-in I could plug it in at work for 9 hours. With only a 17-mile commute pluging in at work and home I would hardly use any gas. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts