Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The legroom is OK, but am I the only one who can't find a comfortable place for my feet?

I often wind up with my ankle rolled over, and it actually gets a little sore on a long drive. OK, more than a little.

The left side dead pedal is at the wrong angle, and when cruise is engaged there is a similar lack of a place for my right foot

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Left Plastic Pedal/Footrest.

Left Plastic Pedal/Footrest.

Im 62 with long legs and found the plastic block pedal on the left to be of no use and downright uncomfortable. I kept repositioning my left heel around the pedal.

Since I didnt order a clutch the dummy block pedal was of no use, so I popped it out (it snaps in & out). It left a small rectangle in the carpet where there is a cut out to provide a recess for the plastic block/pedal. I placed a little carpet piece into the cutout and you cant tell it was there. And the little extra space allows me to slide my left heel into the space with comfort.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm 5' 6". The dummy clutch pedal is comfortable for me, but I agree that when cruise control is engaged there's no good place for my right foot. But since I've never had cruise control before, I have nothing to compare it with. My old '89 Civic required a foot on the accelerator any time I wanted the car to keep moving. So the Prius is definitely an improvement in that respect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have found no problems with the "footing" arrangement of the driver's floorboard and actually enjoy the spot for the left foot very much. I keep my seat positioned about 1 or 2 clicks from full back (I'm 5'11") and have plenty of room to position both feet anywhere on the floorboard. I drive with cruise at every reasonable opportunity (at least 50% of total driving time) and enjoy the room afforded. Yes, a little telescoping of the steering wheel would be nice but I feel very comfortable with the seating position provided.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts