Toyota Prius Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
It took a while, but in the Chicago area, I was able to see at least one Prius of each color before I ordered my Salsa Red. Got it last Saturday after waiting 22 days (the first 3 of which were with the car still on the boat from Japan).

I found the best places to see them are from a lunch window downtown (because of heavy traffic), or a suburban family restaurant lot such as Bennigan's or Chili's (because you can park without getting your door dinged).

· Registered
176 Posts
It depends on where you live and work. I live in Olympia WA a fairly “green” place. In addition the state has a small fleet of Prii both classics and 04s. There are 5 or 6 in the general area where I work. I see them around a lot. You also can tell when the dealer got a larger allotment in as you see a bunch of temporary plates on Prii. Outside of Olympia the tend to thin out again. You see them around college campuses as well.

· Registered
159 Posts
vegas1 said:
I'm sure everybody is using and enjoying their Prius. But where do you all live? Where are all the Priuses that have been sold such that there are none on the dealers lots?
There are at least three in my neighborhood. (North side of Decatur, town just east of Atlanta.) A gold, a white and a black. We will be adding a red one next week after a six month wait.

My boss also mentions that he is seeing more and more of them on the freeway as he drives in from north of Atlanta. (400 if you know the area)

Interesting that they are popular here, seeing as we have relatively cheap gasoline.

· Registered
858 Posts
Downtown Baltimore is overrun with Prius. I saw 5-8 a day just walking between buildings at Otakon (anime convention). I hear rumors that it might be because they're allowed on HOV lanes.

In NJ, I see one (other than mine) about every other day on average.

· Registered
70 Posts
Saruman said:
I can understand the perception. In driving my Prius around Richmond VA and up interstae 95 and over interstate 64, I have never passed another one yet.

About 1,000 miles so far and 52mpg... yes!!!!
Hey, I was driving my Salsa Red in downtown Richmond on Sept. 7. (Hope no Prii met an untimely end in the flooding on Aug. 30.) Was passed by a Black '04 headed west on I-64 in New Kent County the same day.

· Registered
14 Posts
Counting "classic" Prii, it's hard to get around northeast Seattle without seeing any. (Of course, one of my coworkers has a 2003, and somebody else on my block has a white one, so...) I see about one 2004 a day, occasionally more if i'm running more errands.

· Registered
109 Posts
Spotting Prii in Richmond, VA

Saruman, I've seen probably a half dozen here in Richmond alone.. and I see them all the time when I'm on the road - Charlottesville, I-81, etc. I see lots on the southside of Richmond, though. Actually pulled up next to one at Hardees next to the Putt-putt a few weeks ago and had a nice talk with that lady.. and last weekend, I deliberately moved my car in the Home Depot parking lot to be next to a brand new Salsa #9....

Heck, if you want to see another Richmond Prius, just e-mail me.. I'll let ya come look at mine... LOL

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.