Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently mu wife purchased a 2003 Prius. The sticker on the car included $1900 for a Nav system. But when we test drove the car you got the "external device not connected" or something similar error when you hit the map button. The salesman said that ther must not be a Nav system and they would remove it from the price. There was even a Navigation booklet in the glovebox but the dealer kept it. When we got home we noticed that the bill of sale still said that the car had a Nav system. For the heck opf it I checked under the passenger seat and there is a box with a loading slot for a DVD. So my question is, do we really have the Nav system? I can't imagine any reason why they would install the box if it wasn't needed. Any info would be great. Thanks! Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Navigation system

My Prius did not come with the NAV system, but from what I have read, the NAV system would be installed under the passenger seat. It sounds as if the system was not hooked up correctly (maybe just a blown fuse?) or perhaps the DVD is missing. I am not sure what message you would get if the DVD was missing. The message that you got is what I get when I press the map button.

·
Registered
30 Posts
NAV - check

The dealer from which you purchased the vehicle - or any Toyota Prius certified service center will repair your vehicle under warranty.

I'd go to another dealer's service center and state your NAV System is not working and let them repair it or tell you it is missing?

If it is missing then you know from a second source. If it's there ... I'd go back to the selling dealer and ask for the NAV System manual that had been in the glove box ! .... show them you saved a few K on the deal. A deals a deal.
Gene

·
Registered
9 Posts
You probably lucked out!

What you are describing certainly sounds like the Nav system under the seat. All you may be missing is the DVD, or maybe it is not hooked up correctly.

I would take the suggestion of the other poster, and go to a repair center and ask for warranty repair of the factory system!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts