Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car dealer said today that I have to wait an extra day to get my car because they're going to register it for me. They made it seem that even if they don't register it, I can't get a temporary plate for 20 days and drive the car until I get to the registry. I'm buying the car in Mass, and registering it in RI. He also made it seem that I have to go to the Mass DMV to pay 5% sales tax, and then pay an extra 2% in RI (for a total 7%). I think this is crap, but I may be wrong.

:?: Are they required to give me a temp plate when I buy a new car? And how do the taxes work?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
CAll the Rhode Island registry. They will get all of the sales tax just as if you bought it there. Should tell you what you need to get it home.
By the way. Heard a radio commercial this morning from the Fall River Mass. Toyota dealer that he has both the Prius and Highlander hybrids available for immediate delivery. They are honest dealers and have never sold over MSRP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give the Reg a call, thanks for the advice. Yea, I've been waiting on this one since June, and the MSRP is $27,066 with floor mats for the area. Hope he doesn't try to pull a fast one when we go to pay for it.

By the way, is black a discontinued color for 2005? Can't choose it on the buyatoyota.com website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts