Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had to happen to someone, and I guess that someone was me.

I got reject by the DMV because I didn't follow the "rules" and live in the Bay Area.

I completed the form and sent a printout of my FastTrack receipt along with a check.

The reason why I was rejected was that I didn't send the original FastTrack receipt. I sent my application on the 10th of August. At that time FastTrack did not update their website with the car pool information.

I did receive the small unit from FastTrack. I'm glad I wasn't rejected by them too.

The good news is that I take a visit to FastTrack office and obtain the new paperwork. From the form letter it states that the DMV is holding my sticker so no worries.

Anybody else receive the rejection notice?

=)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
When did you send in your application to the DMV? Was it the first day? Did they cash your check yet? I'm curious because they cashed my check on Wednesday and there isn't any more information on the receipt that FasTrak sent me than on what I sent the DMV. I'll let you know whether I receive the stickers or a rejection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like a lot of people, I sent in my app right away with just a printout of the account page for Fast Track (signing up for it that night). They cashed my check last week.

Funny thing is today I received my transponder in the mail, and it is the hybrid version with the green sticker, so I won't have to go to the City to get it replaced. I never sent in a copy of my registration. They also included a printout of my account with instructions on how to apply for a HOV sticker.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I received the stickers today. I don't know why your particular application was rejected. What was the receipt that you did send them? Did it show your account number, vehicle license plate number and show a positive balance?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today, I went to the FastTrack office and picked up a document stating I had a FastTrack and a Prius.

I wasn't the only Hybrid owner standing inline. The majority were hybrid owners. Most were Prius owners. As a reject I didn't feel so bad.

There were a few cute ladies in the line so I didn't mind the wait. I heard all sort of interesting Prius stories.

If you have to stand in line, follow the all rules on the Fasttrack website, don't forget to bring a copy of your registration and get there early. I waited for about 20 - 30 mintues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got my hybrid FasTrak application that I mailed rejected because it said I didn't provide a copy of my registration as proof of owning a hybrid. I accidentally submitted my auto insurance card as proof since it lists I have a Toyota Prius. However, when I look at my DMV registration card, it lists only Toyota 2005. It doesn't say Prius on it. Is the DMV registration card what the FasTrak wants?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts