Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to some threads in this forum there is a minor facelift on its way for the prius. New look in front and rear, better seats and some colour changes. According to the same threads the new prius will start production in october and first deliveries will be due in november. I called the Toyota head office here in sweden, but they had not heard anything about any changes to the prius. So, do you think it will be different versions for the u.s market and the european market and is it anyone at all who has any confirmed information about this and perhaps some pictures of the new looking prius to share?

I´m planning to order my prius in the next few weeks and I really want it to be the latest model.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Well, the current Prius has had the same fascia and rear treatment for a couple of years now. We can speculate they may choose to change the face and rear of the vehicle for some differentiation.

I believe it has been confirmed that dash material treatment may include a wood grain or leather appearance plastics. Leather seats are pretty much a guaranteed option. No word on power seats, however my dealer source says no. No also to heated seats, which I don't see why people like them. My posterior is warm enough as it is. :lol:

I believe the Salsa Red color is being dropped and replaced with a different red. I'm pretty sure another color is also being dropped, I think tideland, in favor of a different color that is still a green, of sorts.

Mechanically the vehicle will remain unchanged, except for anything Toyota believes will improve vehicle reliability.

The European model is a little different. Disc brakes in the rear. Different alloy wheels than the NA model. Also the side flasher lights on the front fender that you see on VWs and other eurocars. The side flashers are not required in the NA market, and therefore absent.

A good portion of this is speculation, but some of it is solid fact. Dealers are still in the dark, officially, however Toyota reps have told dealers about some changes and that is where I have this limited and sketchy info from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts