·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did we get the 2005 updated May Prius?

Read these treads first from a UK site.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde ... opic=38544

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/lofi ... 36675.html

OK If your car was made in March, April, May, or June of 05 please check your VIN.

What is the 10th dig of your VIN?

I have also heard that the new windshield used in the euro June model has a different part number then the April model. Does anyone have access to a Toyota parts catalog that might be able to check this out? (Old one and the new June one?)

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK my 10 diget on the VIN is a 1 what does that tell me about when the car was made. I ordered it the end of March and recieved it the 21st of May

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
BIGGUY said:
OK my 10 diget on the VIN is a 1 what does that tell me about when the car was made. I ordered it the end of March and recieved it the 21st of May
Since the only legitimate possibilities, according to what we've been told, for you car would be "5" or "0"... With all the clarity that this subject seems to have, I think it might mean that your car was made in a month that has days with a 1 in them.

So your car was made in a month that has the days 10-19. :D

JUST HAVING SOME FUN. :arrow: The 10th digit of my VIN is "4". My P* is an 04 but it was made in Oct 03. How do I know ? Look on the door jam of your driver's side door. There should be a black & white label, whose first line says something like "MFd by Toyota month/year". Mine says 10/03, which makes sense because I got delivery in mid Nov 03.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It's been mentioned before that some European cars don't bother putting the model year into their VINs. Makes it difficult to tell the model year, when a lot of other places follow the standard, but... Best you can do is look at the manufacture plate (driver's door jamb in North America, I think under the bonnet/hood in Europe) to get the month/year of manufacture, but that still doesn't tell you model year...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts