Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Tuesday night I was driving home and my lights went off. Just my headlights, the high beams worked, brake lights and parking lights. I checked the fuse it was ok. When i restarted the car everything was on. The check hybrid cam on as well. I made some calls and they sai I should be able to drive it to a store. The car started and quickly completely died. All the light on the dash are on. I call the closest service center and they sai, they thought it was my hybrid battery. I have not been able to attach an obd2 for a sensor read. My car is a 2010 with 120,000 miles on it. I just had it serviced on may 9 and I have put 1100 miles on it sonce. I work on the San Carlos Indian Reservation as a special education teacher and drive 100 miles a day round trip. My car has been great to me until now. When i looked in then engine compartment, the oil was over filled and the coolants were all very low. I live in arizona. There has been nothing wrong with the car ever. I bought it in Vermont, brand new. They told the battery had 10 years or 150,000 miles. Now toyota is saying because I live in arizona, they wont honor the warranty i was sold in vermont. I also do not know if that is the problem. I live 130 miles from the closest service center. The tow even after triple aaa is 150 bucks. I have two more day of teaching on the san carlos reservation and then it will be summerbreak. So, i have a ride to work, and then can focus on this. I really want a plan for how to make sure the battery is the problem. They gave me a price of 3250.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts