Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm in the minority that can't find a presidential candidate to vote for. I have to find one to vote against.

Is there really any difference between them any more? I think Perot was the last 'I'm not the cookie-cutter candidate' I can remember.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm neither, but this past election I voted against Bush and the PNAC.

It's the first time I've voted in my 10 year elegibility. It might be my last, depending if there's a good candidate to vote against come 2008.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Independent. I did not, and would not, vote for Bush and his Karl Rove slime machine. But if McCain runs I certainly could see myself voting for him because I believe him to be a man of integrity and an independent thinker.

·
Registered
236 Posts
janets98 said:

I still can't imagine how he got through the torture and inprisonment that he went through back in the war. It is a pretty crazy story. How he came through it seemingly 'ok' is unbelievable...

It blows Bush's AWOLness and Kerry's boat rides out of the water.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seven7 said:
It's the first time I've voted in my 10 year elegibility. It might be my last, depending if there's a good candidate to vote against come 2008.
Don't worry about that. There's never a shortage of candidates to vote against. Finding one to vote FOR, now that's a prob.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: I'm with firepa63

This is *NOT* a Political Forum and one's "party" has absolutely nothing to do with the joys of owning/driving a Prius.

·
Registered
919 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:roll: I'm with firepa63

This is *NOT* a Political Forum and one's "party" has absolutely nothing to do with the joys of owning/driving a Prius.
Probably not, but I bet you'd find some pretty interesting correlations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since I'm not a US citizen, I can't vote. Uncle Sam however does demand that I pay taxes. What happened to "no taxation without representation"? :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a Republican too. I think the matter is relevant, in that most people seem to think that drivers of hybrids are liberal enviro whackos. I just think the car is cool, I like saving money and I enjoy the gadgets, especiallly smart key.

I voted for Bush, and proudly. I hear a lot about the so-called "slime machine" of Karl Rove, but I hear a lot more sliming by the dems than by anyone in the GOP. Take even a glance at the Hurricane Katrina coverage and you hear dems blaming Bush for the hurricane even occurring, and saying that did less than he could because he doesn't like black people. Never mind that the black mayor did nothing, and the general put in charge by Bush happens to be.......black (not to mention Colin Powell, Condi Rice, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
grovey said:
Republican here, maybe I'm a minority?
I used to be registered as a Republican. I agree almost 100% with most of the government/tax issues. But I am a social liberal. The government doesn't have any place in deciding what I can do in the comfort of my own home; or discriminate against me because of it.

(Note that I'm not a Libertarian, either; they are too close to anarchy for my tastes.)

When I noticed that the Oregon Republican Party has the wonderful 'I'm a Republican Because...' statement, I found myself agreeing with it 100%. Especially the wonderful "I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability." segment.

Then I read their 'Platform', which includes the lines: "We honor such, as well as believe in equal justice, rights, and opportunity for ALL." followed immediately by "We believe in strong families that are formed through the marriage commitment between one man and one woman..."

What hypocrites. As soon as I read this, I immediately switched to independent. (That Platform document also shows how the Republican party has become a 'Right-Wing Christian' party more than anything.)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts