Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread in question is: http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4486

I've been asked to try and delete the older obsolete posts, as I repeat much of the information in newer posts.

I now see that I can edit the old posts (I didn't think that I could edit something that old, and editing a long post like that in my usual web browser is very time consuming...), but I cannot figure out how to delete the old posts. If I go to edit an old post, delete out all of the text, and try hitting submit, I get an error that there must be text in the post...

Should I just edit the posts to just say "see newer post," or leave them for posterity, or is there a way to delete them? I don't like starting new topics when it's just as easy to update an older one...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
mrv said:
The thread in question is: http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4486

I've been asked to try and delete the older obsolete posts, as I repeat much of the information in newer posts.

I now see that I can edit the old posts (I didn't think that I could edit something that old, and editing a long post like that in my usual web browser is very time consuming...), but I cannot figure out how to delete the old posts. If I go to edit an old post, delete out all of the text, and try hitting submit, I get an error that there must be text in the post...

Should I just edit the posts to just say "see newer post," or leave them for posterity, or is there a way to delete them? I don't like starting new topics when it's just as easy to update an older one...
You could edit the 'newer' posts in that thread to read just 'see top post', then edit only the top post to have the latest info. (When editing, just select all, delete, then paste in the new text.)

Or, abandon that thread, and start a new one that you'll go back and edit each month. Because of the 'conversation' that has gone on there, abandoning and starting over is probably the best way to go. (Unless the admins can make you your own closed thread that only you can edit, that way it's always a one-post-only thread.)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I don't get what the problem is. Just edit the post with the new figures, especially when you are still the last poster on the topic. If not, then a mention of the update and possibly a link to the appropriate post would be good.

Can't a moderator delete the no longer wanted posts? Or as Pete said, edit those outdated posts to indicate your posts were consolidated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts