Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my display screen replaced by my dealer...but, unfortunately even though my phone info is still in the database..my phone does not work through the car. The dealer told me to delete the phone and then add it back in...however, the delete button is grayed out and will not allow me to delete it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Sounds like you need to pair the phone. The delete won't be available if there is no phone to delete. You don't need a phone to keep phonenumbers. Heck, you don't need a phone to store phonenumbers. Just try to dial a number, it fails because you have no phone, but it is in the call history. Transfer the number to the phonebook if you wish.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't believe you can add a number from the call logs to the phone book. You can add it to a 1-touch button though. The only way you can get numbers (& names) into the phone book is to transfer from a phone.

As far as the original question goes, DanMan32 is right that you probably don't have the phone paired since the MFD replacement. You should be able to just pair the phone without having to delete anything. If you touch Phone Selection are there any phones listed? You say your phone info is still in the database. Do you mean that the phone book still has numbers in it? That may be the case and you should still be able to use those numbers after you pair the phone again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts