Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Prius that was delivered in late February, 2006. The default screen that comes up is the Consumption screen (the one that shows the cummulative mpg since the last reset). Two people who got Priuses after me have the Energy screen come up by default. They didn't even know that they could even get to the Consumptions screen (they're in their 70's and not tempted to experiment).
What I am wondering is if there is a way to set which screen you want to be the default.

As a secondary issue, I'm wondering if anyone gets anything very useful out of the green bars (kilowatts saved) from the consumption screen. I think I understand it but what I get out of it doesn't warrant the huge part of the display it takes up. Why couldn't they have simply have put both the current and cummulative mpg on the Energy screen? Seems like a simple addition of another number field. (Does Toyota monitor this site? -- They probably would get a few good ideas.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the manual in front of me. Pages 237-239 discuss setting the brightness, contrast, and temperature mode. Nothing about the default startup screen. Pages 168-9 talk about the energy/consumption screens but nothing about setting the default either. Maybe it's somewhere else in the manual but they don't make it easy digging it out. Maybe the info is buried in the online help on the display...I'll keep digging. Is there a control-alt-delete? :roll:

Thanks

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I'll have to check, but I believe the screen will stay where it was last left. If you were in energy screen and power off or temporarily change to audio/climate, it will return to the energy screen. If instead in the consumption screen, it will return to the consumption screeen.

In the setup under Info (on the bezel), you can select whether audio/climate screen will change back to consumption/energy screen within a period of time after no activity.

The cars are 50 watt-hours, not 50 kilowatt-hours. It can tell you how much you saved in braking. Braking in general, regen or not, is best avoided if possible. Even regen has a loss.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does behave the way you say. What I'm talking about is if I power off the Prius and then power it back on, it always comes back to the consumption screen. The two other models start up in the energy screen on powerup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Prius that was delivered in late February, 2006. The default screen that comes up is the Consumption screen (the one that shows the cummulative mpg since the last reset). Two people who got Priuses after me have the Energy screen come up by default. They didn't even know that they could even get to the Consumptions screen (they're in their 70's and not tempted to experiment).
What I am wondering is if there is a way to set which screen you want to be the default.

As a secondary issue, I'm wondering if anyone gets anything very useful out of the green bars (kilowatts saved) from the consumption screen. I think I understand it but what I get out of it doesn't warrant the huge part of the display it takes up. Why couldn't they have simply have put both the current and cummulative mpg on the Energy screen? Seems like a simple addition of another number field. (Does Toyota monitor this site? -- They probably would get a few good ideas.)
I had the same problem and fixed it. Turn your car on to ACC mode (don’t press brake pedal, just press Power button twice. My default screen was Consumption. Clicked on Energy. After the Energy display showed, I turned my car off. I then powered it on and my default screen is now Energy. So you have to be in ACC mode to change the default display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts