Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sideswiped a white brick wall while parking in my work garage. I am devastated as the scratches it left are deep and it also left white residue from the brick. The series of scratches are about 3 inches long and cover a space about 6 inches high on the front right bumper. Can I use touch-up paint on something like this? If so, where do I get it and how do I apply? If not, does anyone know a less expensive way to fix this in the Washington, D.C. area? Thanks, Jonathan

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi,

My brother recently scraped the side of the car while reversing into the garage. My mum took care of the white residue with a dishwashing sponge and some water. As for the scratches, try wax first. You may use touch-up paint but I found that touch-up paint works better with round scratches rather than long, thin ones.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
About one year ago there was a thread here about paint touch-up pens that people got from Toyota with an exact match for your color and easy application.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had my 3 month pristine Prius vandalised (scratched on 4 panels) two hours into our annual holiday. Had bought matching touch-up paint and was prepared to 'do-it-my self' but insurance company insisted that it should be done profesionally at a cost of £2,000! It's been in the body-shop for over three weeks now. I suspect my insurance premium will shoot up on renewal.
(the cost did included replacing both broken-off wing mirrors)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before you repaint, you need to remove the foreign paint and see what's underneath it. It might not be as bad as you think. I rubbed a white steel/concrete post with my Jeep's bumper and it left white paint deeply embedded in the bumper. But polishing the spot with Menzerna Intensive Polish removed all of the foreign paint and underneath there was no visible marring. If you saw the spot today you wouldn't even know it had ever hit anything.

I bought my Menzerna polish at http://www.properautocare.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts