12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I got lucky and got mine I was in contact with Zid of:

Toyota Of Lake Norman
13429 Statesville Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
Main Phone#: (704) 875-9199
Direct Phone#: (704) 659-2006

He just called me today to let me know that he has 2 Prius available. Just thought I would let you all know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmmm,

Back when I was interested, I contacted nearly all the dealers in the state. Some by phone, and most by email. This is one that would not take my information if I did not pony up a ransom. They had my information (unless they deleted my email) and I haven't heard a word from them.

Guess some dealers are stepping down from their high horses....

By the way, several others, including some that also wanted a ransom, called within 2-4 weeks with offers even though they had "a long list", etc... :roll:

edit: AHA! wsdog posted that as I was typing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't know they were TRAC

Wow, Zid never mentioned that they were TRAC vehicles. I hope that he is reducing the price since they are in reality used cars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
He quoted me $21995 with package 1, without tags, tax. He's supposed to email me a price breakdown. Says the one I'm interested in has 580 miles. So what do you think of that? Seems a little high when MSRP is $20000, package 1 is around $180 and delivery and handlng is just under $600. Actually, I just looked at the inventory of SE Toyota and they were listing one with package #3 and carpet mats for about $21564. Unless there are some other extras installed on the car that I should see on the price breakdown, sounds like a little pocket lining occurring. Any other opinions? What price should one expect when buying a TRAC vehicle with demand being what it is? Anybody?......anybody?......

·
Registered
31 Posts
WSDog,

I had a dealer (a different one) quote me $2k over MSRP for a used one- pkg 9-, with 1800 mi on it, just last month.

You can guess how rental cars are driven...

See the other thread, started by Hoss, down this list a little....same outcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts