Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm considering ordering a 2006 prius (when they start allowing orders, that is), and I was wondering if people who've ordered cars in the past could answer a question for me.

When you order a high-demand car like a Prius, do they still add on the infamous "dealer markup" charge that they do to vehicles they have in inventory?

And does anyone know if they're taking orders yet? My local dealer has no information as yet.....

Just wondering,

-cid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer is selling it at MSRP and only requires a $500 deposit that goes toward the purchase

·
Registered
586 Posts
cid404 said:
Hi, I'm considering ordering a 2006 prius (when they start allowing orders, that is), and I was wondering if people who've ordered cars in the past could answer a question for me.

When you order a high-demand car like a Prius, do they still add on the infamous "dealer markup" charge that they do to vehicles they have in inventory?

And does anyone know if they're taking orders yet? My local dealer has no information as yet.....

Just wondering,

-cid.

Cid,

Depending on where your located.............You can Pre-order a 2006 for delivery at a Certain Time.................I do it all the time and have taken 3 Pre-orders at MSRP for Delivery on the 1st of January 2006. It depends on the dealership and your ability to get the promised vehicle. My first 2006 will arrive on Nov 12th 2005.

Call me (571)276-7548 if you want to talk more about this.............

Tom Quinn :wink:
Internet Sales

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
If the dealer attempts to add a premium to the MSRP, take your business elsewhere. However, you should expect to pay the MSRP price. Also don't take a bunch of dealer add-ons. Stick with what Toyota offers.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Out here, the dealers which do try to mark up call it a regional adjustment. It is totally B.S. Toyota gives them plenty of margin to play with. If the dealership's costs are in order then the Toyota allotted MSRP should be just fine to give the dealer their cut.

Anyway, if you are presented with a surcharge, ask why, state that you won't pay it, and if they don't budge down to at least MRSP, leave and give your business to another dealer.

It is your money, you get to decide where you are going to spend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts