Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Since I suggested this Forum I'll lead off.
Had the best dealer experience of my MANY years of occasionally buying cars.
Sent an email to ONE dealer. Wanted specific car, either of 2 colors, firm price. Also sent along Edmunds trade-in info for my 2005 Prius. Asked if they could do this-- please call.
Within 30 minutes I received a call. She verified my info/wants. Then found one on a dealer trade. ALL VERBAL
She told me the car would be ready by noon tomorrow IF I wanted same. Said OK
At noon the car was ready--Terms exactly the same as agreed. I drove home an hour later.
Amazingly the car came from approx 250 miles away. I thought that was WAY above normal service.
Will be more than happy to supply info of dealer/salesperson just PM me
Carl
PS Actually bought another one (don't ask- just seemed like correct time for us) a week earlier. Good experience-- Tried that dealer first, however they did not want to find one.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
It kind of defeats the purpose of this forum that you yourself asked for if you don't specify who the dealer(s) is/are that you are refering to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer recommendations and pricing

Hi Dan,
I would be happy to give info. I didn't put it in because I thought it would seem like I was "shilling" for the Dealer.
Thats why I said to PM me.
Pete should we list the names and contact info ???
Carl

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
If you are not affiliated with the dealer, there's nothing wrong with 'schilling for the dealer' if you are happy with them. Otherwise this section wouldn't have been created for you.
Lots of folks asked for and received recommendations usually in the general section. And others gave recommendations without being asked. It isn't a problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer recommendations & experiences

Thanx Dan,
Adrianne Smith of Simi Toyota in Simi Valley did a great job for me.
I emailed the dealer with a specific car, price, and choice of 2 colors. ALSO had a 2005 Prius trade. I sent the numbers from Edmunds. Said I would buy tomorrow--while good financing still available

Simply asked if they could do this deal please call.

She called almost immediately. Verified my wants/info. Found a dealer trade while I was on the phone. She asked did I want to buy the car tomorrow as I had stated. Said sure.

Showed up at appt. Car was ready at the agreed terms. Turns out the dealer trade was from the Fresno area 200+ miles away. They sent someone immediately the day before to get the car.

One other fact. I had purchased another Prius a week previously. Good dealer experience. First I called the salesperson there and requested same scenario. They did not want to look for one.

Re. two in a week. The current prices and Feb. financing seemed to be right for us to buy--time will tell if correct.

Adrianne's contacts
[email protected] caps
805-526-7500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts