Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
I've found the seat to not be an issue for short trips... but for long trips, it's definetly lacking in support.

I know there have been homebrew solutions posted here to remedy the solution... but it's 2004... the car has worse seats than my old '87 cavalier. :)

· Registered
525 Posts
deansdad said:
In the broader picture, I wonder what the T suits were thinking??? Of course one can rationalize with statements like "can't please all of the people all of the time..." or "...look at all the other features..." but this isn't a $7000 Yugo we're talking about and, like it or not - Creature Comfort really is a major concern to many folks - not just those with "other issues".
I often wonder what the T suits were thinking myself. I would have glady paid a little more to eliminate some of the hard plastic. And I just noticed a few evenings ago there are actually exposed screws in the interior door handles. I certainly don't expect *ANY* exposed screws in a 26,000 car.

· Registered
525 Posts
jeromep said:
Hard plastic seems to be the defacto item in vehicles from all makers today. The real issue is how the hard plastics look and feel. Let's just say that the hard plastics that GM uses are very different than the hard plastics Toyota uses, or Ford uses. I'm impressed with the plastics in the Prius. They seem to fit well and fell nice to touch. I'm not sure I would call them warm, but I wouldn't call them cold or cheep. GM's plastics leave a lot to be desired. They seem thinner than some other manufacturers, and the textures they choose to use are... well... strange. The thing about this argument is that it is highly personal and related only to opinion and personal taste.

I'm not all that dismayed by having exposed screws on the door panel. I believe the only exposed screw is in the interior handle on the armrest. That isn't too bad really. There are lots of cars out there where there are exposed screws up and down the sides of the door panels to keep them on the door.

Sure, power seats would have been nice, and I do wonder why they were excluded, however what I got was pretty nice anyway. I just hope that power seats aren't a huge reason why other buyers might shy away from the Prius. What I'm saving in gas easily makes up for not having power seats, or leather for that matter (at least in a psychological way).
If you really think that the Prius interior is better than a GM interior, I urge you to check out a Grand Prix. Or if you really wanna see how a car interior is done, drive a Jetta. They make the interior of the prius look and feel like cheap plastic, which it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.