Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 prius C that sat in the driveway for a while, and foolishly, I did not drive it from time to time. :frown:. I am able to jump start it (and WHY does this prius c not have the engine terminal for charging in the fuse box as shown in every toyota how to prius c jumpstart video???) and drove it around the neighborhood for about a half hour. No problem. battery indicator on the power generation screen shows 1/2 to 2/3 full (went through this process twice). Park it. Turned it off. Tried to immediately restart... NOTHING. really, really hoping this is a problem with the 12 V battery and I don't need to replace the large one, but looking for any info / advice... Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, it sounds exactly like a 12V accessory battery problem. Buy a new one and give it a try. Also, if you're going to leave any car for a few weeks without driving it, you should clip a smart battery maintainer onto your 12V battery (not a trickle charger--they will cook your battery if left on for more than a day or two). I use a Battery Tender Jr, which is a lot cheaper than a new battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts