Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The sales person at Gault Toyota in Endicott NY, Told us that the prius comes with day time running lights.

After we drove off we noticed that the lights are not on ....

So i searched this forum and i found a post saying it is possible to activate the DRL.

the dealer said no way, they also mentioned calling toyota technical support.

When i called Toyota expirience line the said "NO" as well... claiming they actually spoke to the technical devision.

Can someone confirm if its possible or not ?

Thanks! :?:

·
Registered
149 Posts
lighting...

The US does NOT come with DRLs. The US has the HID lights on certain packages so not possible to make those do DRL work. Not sure on the 'standard' US lights.

Canada models do have DRLs, since they CANNOT get the HID versions. They have the 'standard' lights and a requirement to have DRLs on every vehicle.
Maybe someone else has more info on either country's versions?
Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius!

·
Registered
261 Posts
But you can leave your headlights on as a poor-man's DRL. They will turn off when you shut off car and open the driver's door to exit.

rob

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
lowspeed said:
The Only problem it doesnt stick for insurance purposes.
So show the brochure to your insurance agent and say 'says so right here'

It's not your fault you never looked to see if they're on :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't turn my lights off when the car is started. They come on when the car is started no matter what position the switch is in. I don't want them on all the time when I drive my '05 Prius in the daytime. Can I fix this? Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The light switch on the turn signal lever controls the lights. You should be able to turn them off with that. However, all that really happens is that you are turning a relay on for the headlights. It could be the relay is stuck on, or one of the computers is not able to control the relay. For safety you should have this looked probably by the dealer.

Also make sure your 12Volt battery is not weak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just checked and the DRL fuse is NOT in the fuse box. I just put new bulbs in Nov. 2014 and now one of the headlights goes off once in a while. If I turn them on and off it comes back on again. Jeez, what a pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts