Toyota Prius Forum banner

Day One in the Life

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DanMan32 
#1 ·
Our sleek silver stealth Prius (AI package 5) arrived yesterday after exactly 7 weeks of waiting! Picked it up just in time for the rush hour in Fort Myers. What a blast trying to drive in all the traffic and look at all the goodies on the MFD.

Didn't notice any instability at 65 mph but there was little wind so will wait and see how it goes when it gets windy.

Have some pix posted on PriusChat but since that site is down won't be able to view them for awhile.

Had to get the manual out to see what the flashing/solid "car" icon meant once we parked it but anti-theft system isdoing what it should (see DanMan i can read the manual ;-).

Will report later after we get a few miles on her.

#3 ·
Ha ha. Usually my typing is better that that but a whole column of my ceyboard doesn't worc. Am using ctrl v with the "i" in the clipboard but for the letter below i i'm using the letter c i.e. the numeric eight cey i and comma aren't worcig. it's amazing how many times you use those letters!

Time for a new laptop???

#7 ·
Astrowoman said:
The flashing car was my first manual consultation, too! I wonder who else?
Yep, me too, and a call to the salesman (puzzled), who called the service mgr (puzzled), who spoke to Prius tech, who said...normal !

Well..., its red, :? a universal danger color, :? and a car, :? which supports a natural reaction that your brand new cub is in danger.

#8 ·
rwlade said:
Ha ha. Usually my typing is better that that but a whole column of my ceyboard doesn't worc. Am using ctrl v with the "i" in the clipboard but for the letter below i i'm using the letter c i.e. the numeric eight cey i and comma aren't worcig. it's amazing how many times you use those letters!

Time for a new laptop???
What amazes me is your creativity in keeping a crippled keyboard going, and posting this board :shock: when you should be out gettting it repaired or replaced. :D

You have all the signs & symptoms of a new Prius/mpg junkie. 8)

So many to help, so little time. (see post "Are you an mpg junkie...")

#9 ·
rwlade said:

Time for a new laptop???
Bring it on over here, I'll see what I can do. If it is an entire column, probably one of the wires broke.

#10 ·
DanMan32 said:
Bring it on over here, I'll see what I can do. If it is an entire column, probably one of the wires broke.
lt's an intermittant problem, DanMan. The worst kind. Darn thing is working again. Tampa (125 miles) might be a nice ride some day but I wouldn't expect you to take any time to fix an old (pre Hurricane Georges) laptop. All my other computers work just fine, but I lilke sitting here on the Lanai typing on Prius Online/Chat with a cool drink long side <g> It's amazing, tho, this old Dell laptop has been pretty relilable until recently.

Took my new Silver baby for a drive over to a friend's place this am to show her off. She made a very good impression. That trip netted me about 48.5 mpg. The graphs on the "consumption" screen weren't working, but my wife decided to wipe the dust/fingerprints off the screen and voila' the graphs magically appeared. Wonder if she accidentally hit a button?

Can't get the garage door opener to work yet, but only tried the sequence once. I'll try a few more time before posting any problems with it. All in all everything is copasetic <sp?>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.