Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one for ya Coastal Dave. WHAT THE F__K ARE YOU AND YOUR COMPANY DOING? Are you still in business? Are you renaming the Viewtech 2005 to 2006? Why don't you remove the products you DON'T SELL from your website? WHY DON'T YOU S__T OR GET OFF THE POT?

Am I the only one that's run out of patience with his lack of "work ethics"?

Someone here posted that they were going to go visit Dave in Florida a few weeks ago. If that ever happened please let us know what the outcome was.

·
Registered
370 Posts
BMcGraw said:
Am I the only one that's run out of patience with his lack of "work ethiques"?
No. I lost any hope of dealing with them when they ignored my initial emails and phone messages.

As far as I'm concerned, they are a myth. I don't have any problem with someone wanting to keep their business/hobby on a small scale. The problem is that he advertises things that he is unable or unwilling to provide. He should clearly state on his website what his intentions are, what is sold out or backlogged, and what the accurate release dates and quantities are of the things he's offering.

For all the people who have dealt with him successfully, good for you. However, you are in the minority.

DGStan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Time to DROP CoastalDave from PriusOnline

To be honest, I think it is time for PriusOnline to seriously consider DROPPING CoastalDave as a sponsor. He continues to get tons of free publicity through the PriusOnline website, yet there have been far too many unanswered emails and phone calls as well as promised vaporware products to consider keeping him around. It's nice to have great ideas, and I think Dave has several, but you must follow through with promises to produce these products for the masses, or admit that you can't handle it and move on...

Dave... it's obvious your ideas for marketing these products are far beyond your capabilities or you would be able to answer emails, phone calls, and actually ship these products. YEARS in development is getting ridiculous... and I would recommend you voluntarily admit it, and step down as Moderator and remove your advertising from this website.

Others agree?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Time to DROP CoastalDave from PriusOnline

Swampthing said:
To be honest, I think it is time for PriusOnline to seriously consider DROPPING CoastalDave as a sponsor. He continues to get tons of free publicity through the PriusOnline website, yet there have been far too many unanswered emails and phone calls as well as promised vaporware products to consider keeping him around. It's nice to have great ideas, and I think Dave has several, but you must follow through with promises to produce these products for the masses, or admit that you can't handle it and move on...

Dave... it's obvious your ideas for marketing these products are far beyond your capabilities or you would be able to answer emails, phone calls, and actually ship these products. YEARS in development is getting ridiculous... and I would recommend you voluntarily admit it, and step down as Moderator and remove your advertising from this website.

Others agree?
HERE! HERE! Well said. Of course I agree. Let's see some other comments/suggestions... :roll:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I find that a bit rash. Although I have been waiting many months for the Nav bypass mod, my other orders were processed promptly (bra and EV mode kit). I think updating his website to make clear the lead times for certain products would be adequate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KTPhil said:
I find that a bit rash. Although I have been waiting many months for the Nav bypass mod, my other orders were processed promptly (bra and EV mode kit). I think updating his website to make clear the lead times for certain products would be adequate.
DREAM ON!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found this site. I am active on priuschat.com. I have posted a lot about Coastal Dave there. This one is my latest and most pertinent. I'm sharing it with other groups to let others know of my experiences and to encourage others to do what I did. Dave deserves what he gets, but it takes those of us who are dissatisfied with his service and lack of response to give him the business reputation he deserves.

I have filed complaints with the Florida Attorney General and the Florida Better Business Bureau.

I ordered two things from Coastal Electronics (EV Kit and Power Outlet Mod). I paid for both and only received one. To date, I have never received a refund from Coastal Electronics and they failed to respond to the fact that I never received one of their products. I e-mailed them to let them know that I didn't receive my power outlet mod and that my EV kit wasn't working. In their respone to me, they ignored the fact that they didn't send me my complete order and told me to send the EV kit back. It now works so I didn't.

In a letter dated September 30th, the Florida BBB had this to say:

"We are closing your complaint filed against the company due to its failure to provide the Bureau with a response. As a result, we are unable to assist further at this time.

"Please be advised, the information you have provided will be maintained in the Bureau's file for a minimum of three (3) years. The company's report will indicate the file contains an unanswered complaint presented by the Bureau. If we believe that another agency may be of help we will have enlosed a referral.

"We appreciate your use of the BBB. Remember, you may obtain business reliability reports online at http://www.orlando.bbb.org or by calling
(407) 621-3300 and entering the company's 10 digit telephone number. An 800 or 888 area code is accepted by our system."

I have done my part to let others know about the lack of business ethics practiced by Coastal Dave/Coastal Electronics. I'd love to see others follow through and do the same.

Is this a bit nasty? Yes, but he ripped me off and I want others to know what happened and how he runs a business. My money is better spent at other businesses that actually CARE about their customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received another letter from the Florida BBB today. It contained Coastal Dave's response:

The item in question was included in the order and was received in the shipment. Customer stated it was not-in the interest of customer service-we refunded $10 to his credit card. Again-prior to notification of this complaint.

He was given free shipping as compensation for the delay in receiving his backordered item. He was informed it was backordered but wanted it for a trip. Again, free shipping is NOT a requirement and was provided in the interest of customer service. Credit given 9/02/05 prior to notification.

First of all, if the item was included in the package, I would not have contacted them and notified them it was not. Having a small business ourselves, I know how easy it is to ship the wrong package to the wrong person. Whoever got my package got a freebie. That's business.

I realize that free shipping was not required, but it was the least they could do to try to appease an unhappy customer who had to wait without any notification from them as to the status of my order.

By the way, I WAS NEVER informed that anything was on backorder when I placed my order and subsequent phone calls and e-mails were never answered.

I filed my complaint with the BBB on 8/26/05, that is BEFORE 9/02. I believe I would not have gotten my money back if I had not filed the complaint. Also, they NEVER bothered to notify me that they were refunding my money. Thanks again Dave.

My advice, spend your money elsewhere. To those suckers, like myself, who didn't- file a complaint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the way, I had to go through my bank records to find the refund. I was never even sent an e-mail letting me know about my refund!! When I first read their reply, I didn't believe them because neither my husband nor myself knew about the refund. What a sad story.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
priusanooo said:
:oops: I would think Dave would want to post a reply....isn't he the moderator?
Is? Was - apparently. That's actually why I started this "topic" - to see if it would raise a response. He doesn't respond to anything else and now it looks like he's "batting a thousand".

I even sent him a few quotes from the previous posts in this thread directly to "[email protected]" - NOTHING!

·
Registered
508 Posts
priusanooo said:
:oops: I would think Dave would want to post a reply....isn't he the moderator?
Based on past experience, Dave doesn't post replies of posts that are critical of him. He just quietly deletes the thread.

Some moderator. Pardon the eyeroll emoticon, as it usually annoys me when I see others use it, but in this case, I just can't help myself. So, stand by... here it comes... brace yourself... :roll:

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I had more say around here, I would be inclined to
do something like give Mr. C. D. thirty days to post something
here, anything at all, but preferably some sort of response
to these numerous complaints and some sort of
explanation of where he's at with regard to customer response.
I'm sure all the complainers would immediately understand if
Dave provided some sound reasons why his business seems to run
slowly and/or erratically -- after all, he's [literally] a mom-n-pop
operation and probably has a lot of things on his plate.
The point is that I think he owes his community a little more
communication and interaction, rather than leaving everyone to just guess
and rant and fume.
Then, if he didn't respond within that thirty days,
FLUSH HIM.
_H*

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hobbit said:
If I had more say around here, I would be inclined to
do something like give Mr. C. D. thirty days to post something
here, anything at all, but preferably some sort of response
to these numerous complaints and some sort of
explanation of where he's at with regard to customer response.
I'm sure all the complainers would immediately understand if
Dave provided some sound reasons why his business seems to run
slowly and/or erratically -- after all, he's [literally] a mom-n-pop
operation and probably has a lot of things on his plate.
The point is that I think he owes his community a little more
communication and interaction, rather than leaving everyone to just guess
and rant and fume.
Then, if he didn't respond within that thirty days,
FLUSH HIM.
_H*
That sounds most reasonable to me. I too haven't "more say around here" so I'm sure this will all go to "deaf 'eyes', I mean 'ears'...

Do you think C. D. will care enough to even rename the ViewTech 2005 to ViewTech 2006? Oh yeah, he's been working on since 2004...

I've come to the conclusion that since his last response to a few complaints posted here, he's just decided to "show us who's boss". I hope I'm wrong cause I just HATE egocentric self-absorbed meatheads.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
BMcGraw said:
KTPhil said:
DREAM ON!
I posted the FACTS of how I was treated. I suggested, as have many here, that the problem is his disclosure. What's to dream? I prefer reality.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KTPhil said:
BMcGraw said:
KTPhil said:
DREAM ON!
I posted the FACTS of how I was treated. I suggested, as have many here, that the problem is his disclosure. What's to dream? I prefer reality.
I hate to be the one to tell you but the reality is that Coastal Dave has misguided priorities and his customer relations don't include "making clear the lead times for certain products".

You can cut me out of "the loop". I've cancelled ALL my orders from their establishment and of course received no confirmation on that either.

Good luck with your CE interactions...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts