Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of doing a full restore of the database from the dec 28 copy I have I am attempting to keep the current user list so the restore is taking some extra time. I expect to have it up tomorrow evening.

You can go ahead and post in this forum. I will move them to the appropriate section when the database is fully restored.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
So what happened to yesterday's temp? And why does the forum/topic summaries show quite a few posts, but when you go into them, locked or not, no posts?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
DanMan32 said:
So what happened to yesterday's temp? And why does the forum/topic summaries show quite a few posts, but when you go into them, locked or not, no posts?
Because the database is "ukfayed upyae". In technical terms, there is no "point of consistency" for many parts of the database, with the exception of the "temp" forum; because that was just created brand-new.

Pete and company probably have much to do to restore old posts and reconcile the internal database structures with the data itself. It's not a job I would wish on my worst enemy. I wish 'em much luck.

In the meantime, I wonder if there is any way we can learn the identity of the hacker(s), and prosecute them?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
BIF said:
In the meantime, I wonder if there is any way we can learn the identity of the hacker(s), and prosecute them?
Prosecute? Don't you think it's time we took the law into our own hands. We should cut off their fingers and shove them (the fingers) up their noses, and light them (the fingers) on fire.

·
Registered
319 Posts
melgish said:
Prosecute? Don't you think it's time we took the law into our own hands. We should cut off their fingers and shove them (the fingers) up their noses, and light them (the fingers) on fire.
Why society will have to change a lot before they perfect phasers...

G

·
0 Posts
User list?

Did the user list survive? I'm having trouble logging in and my account doesn't seem to appear in the memberlist.

Hmmm. I think I can answer my own question... I don't see any users from after 12/05 in the list...

Blurg...

·
Registered
48 Posts
What caused the site to go down

Was it someone paid by GM,Chrysler,Ford or all three to crash the site and discourage any more free speech about the future of cars?
Was it just an over load of Happy Prius owners, Happy to help each other
and anyone interested about the Prius?
What is you theary?
It appears GM hates Hybrids, Chrysler CE stated that also, Ford had to do something before the College students really got on thier case about building clear cars. We in USA are supposed to be free to buy what fits are needs and pocket book. BUT it appears The G6 has lost mind control of people who bought and now enjoy their Hybrids, Especially the PRIUS Owners and Prius Pioneers.
I am a Priu Pioneer, and enjoy my Prius every day.
Tony Liscio, Prius 2nd Generation Tideland Pearl option#6
Best car I have driven/owned in 48(fourty eight)Years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts